Sunday, March 31, 2013

Welcome Spring & End of 3rd Quarter

What an amazing last day of Spring Break! I hope you all had a nice break from school and are ready to return tomorrow.


The Portland Tribune has an article about the Teach-In held last month.
http://portlandtribune.com/sl/129794-students-energetic-about-school-teach-in

As we end 3rd quarter on April 11th I want to encourage students to turn in any missed work from Mid-terms to end of quarter. (I will not accept work from before midterms which were on March 5th). I'll be sending home Missed work & grades tomorrow. All make up work is due Friday April 5th before early release.
Please SIGN the paper so I know you saw it and have your child return it on Tues. I am working hard to keep assignments and homework within reasonable limits. I do many assignments in class to give students lots of opportunities to ask for help and to get work done before it goes home. With that said, our class has a very poor turn in rate. Please help your child turn work in on time. (it actually saves me many many hours of work when they do). Plus, I give feedback on reading journals for example and if your child only turns in their journal with all 4 weeks worth of work at the end of the term, there isn't any chance for feedback and growth.
Thanks!

This is an exciting week in Urban Planning!
On Tues & Wed we have a very special theater workshop presented by Milagro Theater. Students will have opportunities to become characters in spur of the moment situations and to bring drama outdoors and interacting in nature. Should be great fun.

Thurs we head to JEAN's Farm after the winter months of rest. I'm excited to see all the changes and am already wondering what we'll be cooking. Our urban planners will have opportunity to ponder about food security and why it's important to have places within the city to grow food.

And Friday is an early release day, 11:30 dismissal.

One last reminder to turn in those Marine Biology Forms. We are behind the scenes getting everything organized and prepped for May.

Gracias and see you all tomorrow. Cori

No comments:

Post a Comment