Sorry it's been awhile since I've posted/emailed...We have begun our very exciting Urban Planning Storyline!
URGENT: I need 2 more parents to chaperone on Thursday Field Study.
We are doing a walking/mapping tour of our neighborhood where I need to send groups in different directions. It will be challenging with just Kristine and I!!! EMAIL ME ASAP AND SIGN UP ON SIGNUP GENIUS!
Since we will be mapping Belmont I thought we'd eat out on Belmont (fun "going to spring break" treat and we are at a conference where real professionals go out to lunch!) - Please send a few dollars with your child. It can be just a bit for a soda or fry to go with their usual packed lunch, or enough for a slice of pizza, burrito etc. (don't have to go overboard!)
Also: Send an umbrella hanging around that your child can stash in his/her locker. We'll be doing many walking tours and umbrellas help keep data sheets dry as well as our children who seem to think rain gear is uncool.
STUDENT LED CONFERENCES
I'm excited to see you all tomorrow as your child conferences with you and tours you around the school. Remember, this is a time for you and your child to connect. If you have topics you would like to discuss with me, let's set up a time for that to happen. Your child should give you a nice speech/tour guide type presentation where he/she tells you about "a day in the life" at SES. It should include social, feelings, logistics as well as academics. Encourage your child to give you the full tour, including math/spanish/pe/art etc!
Check out the INFO table in our class. You will find:
- Field study permission slips to sign
- Marine Biology information - especially 6th graders!!! bring in your permission forms even if you are not writing a check!
- SES directories
(so if you do not attend tomorrow, please be sure to ask for these things)
Hasta maƱana!
Cori
No comments:
Post a Comment