Oh my trees and moss!
What an amazing trip we just had. I so enjoyed being with your children these last 3 days! Along with amazing forest lessons about animals and tracking, plants and photosynthesis, carrying capacity of an ecosystem, soil organisms, arthropod food chains, old growth forest components, and building community through trust games. We of course also had a great time during rec playing capture the flag, fugitive, board games, making friendship bracelets, and just sitting and talking. Camp fires were great -- we saw a lot of amazing student talent! I am definitely exhausted and I think the students are as well!
I continue to be amazed by our class. They are kind, fun, supportive and adventurous. I hope that you will have great conversations over the weekend about how their trip was...dig deep, don't stop at "it was fun" or "I liked rec", they have so much to share.
Along with our 3 day camp out, students are responsible for the Essential Questions assignment for Camp Collins -they should use their experience, any worksheets and reflections to answer them (students have 1 question from each class to answer = 8 questions. Each answer should be at least 1 paragraph), we got started on these at the end of the day today.
MIDTERMS are Tuesday. Late/missing assignments need to be turned in. Students have been checking in with me and I will have a list on Monday for them to look at.
The 8th Grade Meeting is Tuesday. This is an important evening. I will send more info to 8th grade parents about it shortly.
We are traveling back to Tryon on Thursday, the 11th. Remember if you volunteered to drive!
Have a restful weekend full of eating good home cooked food!
No comments:
Post a Comment