Monday, October 8, 2012

8th Grade Meeting - 6pm, Tues Oct 9th
Please attend this very important 8th grade meeting with your child! They will be reviewing many important things including: off campus, fundraisers, service projects ...

Assignment: Animal Totem Soap Carving - Due Monday Oct 15th.
This Spirit Bear culminating assignment was given today and is in the reading comp book. I really encouraged the students to work on it on and off over this week so the totem can emerge in time. I also told students to look on line for inspiration. Students will need to purchase a bar of soap. Any will do, however a softer brand like Dove or Ivory are easier to use (talking from goat soap bar experience!). Please chat with your child about the animals he/she is connected to, give ideas, and even design the totem with him/her. I want the kids to feel proud of their work and this assignment is pushing some learning edges (which is great!).

One more thing..Tryon Creek is this week's field study. Please if you signed up to drive and CANNOT, let us know! It is a wonderful location and I want to be sure we can go.

Take care all. Cori

No comments:

Post a Comment