Sunday, April 7, 2013

Students are currently picking out Science Fiction Novels - They should have their novel in class on Tuesday, April 9th. I sent home a list of middle reader sci fi, and here is a link to good reads. The Belmont Library has also pulled a stack as well...have fun picking one out! If you still do not have one on Tuesday, you'll be going to the school library.
http://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/science-fiction-middle-school

This Thursday we are headed to the Pearl District for a full day of Urban Planning. If you can join us please let me know ASAP...I would hate to cancel this really great trip. Plus next Thursday 4/18, The Yellow Max field study will be pretty intense and I would love your support. It can be stressful getting on and off the bus several times, walking the streets, observing and surveying. Thank you in advance for your support.

JEAN's Farm was fabulous this last Thursday. Thank you Brenda, Lea and Heather for making it a very smooth trip. As you know, JEAN's is a favorite of mine and the students love it every time too!

As we wrap up this last week of 3rd quarter, be sure to support your child in doing their Service Reflection. We had a discussion about reflections and I am giving them option to be creative and do something meaningful to them about the service they provided. They can do anything from poetry, to spoken word, art, a video, skit...they have the list! All I require if for me to be able to understand their service, what they learned/liked/didn't like and why they think it's an important service.

Have a wonderful week, hope we stay dry!


No comments:

Post a Comment