Hello Families,
Time flies when your working hard! We have been preparing the classroom for the forest festival where all our learning will be on display. This is a wonderful opportunity to come see all the classrooms and our wonderfully diverse curriculum. It is a time for celebration of our amazing young people who are growing up! (they might tell you they don't want to go and don't want you to go...they are pubescent...I encourage you to come anyway!)
On another note: We drew names for Secret Snowflake today, it's a Sunnyside tradition up in the middle school to show our love and thoughtfulness to each other by bringing in a small wrapped secret present each day of the week for their secret snowflake. Please do not spend more than $5 on any one gift. We had lots of great ideas: gently used favorite book, a great handmade card or picture made by kids, a candy bar!, $2.50 gift card for a slice of pizza or to cosmic, handmade something or other (hat, burned CD of fun music...) you get the idea. If all else fails - candy. So each day we will find many little presents in our classroom for each student. If you forget a day, bring 2 the next, but remember to leave your snowflake an IOU...
The quote of the week "You have Puberty Brains!" - Our lovely lovely students cannot remember their own names these days. Thank you so much for the support at home to keep them moving in a forward motion. Next week we have Math/Spanish/Studio daily (actually until Spring Break), Mini-classes on Tues/Thurs and Late Opening on Wednesday. Then we are off for Winter Break!!!
A heads up about vacation - I believe in a break when we get one. I do not assign homework or projects over break. The only think I ask is that kids read, preferably 1 whole novel at least. I will be out of the country for the entire break and will not be reachable, so ask me your questions now! I'm taking my son to southern México to visit family. I'll come back with great stories about our time spent at Chichen Itza for the Mayan New Year.
Take Care and I look forward to seeing you at the Forest Festival!
Cori
No comments:
Post a Comment