Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wow! What an amazing 3 days we had at Outdoor School! Sunnyside 6th graders rock! I saw students rise to the occasion during field studies, at rec and in the dining hall. We had a great time at campfire and meeting new friends. The one great thing that came out of our bus being late was we got our own mini campfire yesterday where we learned my new favorite song - Go Bananas!
The field studies we were involved in: Soil, Animals, Water, Plants will support us greatly in our exploration of forests.

I hope the 7th & 8th graders remember how much they loved Outdoor School and have fun remembering it with the 6th graders!

On another note, I am home grading many many Ecores and other assignenments. I'll give out porgress reports on Friday so please check in with your child to see what he/she is missing or needs to improve upon. 8th Grade will not receive off campus from me if they are missing assignments.

We are hoping to go to Tillamook Forest Center tomorrow - we desperately need chaperones, ones that can drive! If you can come, please call me 971.222.5512.

Also, next week's trip to Hopkins Farm (we all ride the bus together) needs a few more folks. Please sign up if you haven't already - your support goes a long way. One thing 6th graders said they loved was studying in small groups!

As always, thank you for sending amazing and creative young people to school every day!
Cori

No comments:

Post a Comment